Suffolk Christian Church Youth are comprised of students in 6th-12th grades. We are an active, growing group with a passion to share God’s love with everyone we come in contact with. Sunday school begins at 10:00 am each Sunday in the Youth Room on the 3rd floor, with a short fellowship between 10-10:15. At 10:15 am, we begin our lesson using the “Bible Studies for Life” curriculum. “Bible Studies for Life” delivers compelling, biblical studies that are focused on real life issues affecting teens. These lessons are fun, informative, and are right on target for what we are faced with in our daily lives. The topics covered show us how to respond as God would like us to in situations and issues we are faced with as teens. Our lesson doesn’t stop there, as we are challenged to complete the “Live it Out” portion of our lesson each week by applying what we have learned when faced with these issues that affect us.
We gather at least 2-3 times monthly for dinners and fellowship outside of church. These opportunities allow us to create lasting bonds and relationships with one another, while building upon our relationships with Christ as well. In today’s world, it provides comfort and a sense of security to be able to spend time with others who share our same faith.
In addition to our fellowship gatherings, SCC Youth also participates in several ministry opportunities.
- We attend Mission Fuge camps annually, where we are able to share God’s love through various Ministry Tracks. These tracks include, but are not limited to, Children’s Ministry; Social Ministry; Painting, Yard work, & Construction Ministry; Homeless Ministry; and many others.
- During the summer months, we utilize what we have learned at Mission Fuge and bring that back home with us. Once weekly, we travel to a local park right here in our own community. Through recreational games, crafts, storytime, and playtime, we are able to show these children how much God loves them.
- Suffolk Christian Church is a mission oriented church as well, and we also participate in our church’s own missions. We had our first annual Food Pantry Drive Competition in the fall with the children of SCC, where the Youth and Children brought in items needed by our Food Pantry. We are looking forward to making this an annual event!
- The SCC Youth also help with the Community Suppers our Church hosts each 2nd Friday of the month by sponsoring one of the months to host the supper.
- Whether it be helping deliver fruit baskets to our shut-ins, serving at the annual Thanksgiving Dinner, participating in the annual Downtown Suffolk Christmas parade, volunteering with the Children’s ministries of our church, or participating in our Worship service; there are always ways the SCC Youth can serve!
As you can see, SCC Youth are a group of everyday teens just like you! We too are on this crazy ride called life and trying to figure out how to be active, responsible Christians in today’s society. SCC Youth group allows us a way to figure this out in the company of those who share our faith. We always have room for YOU and we invite YOU to join us for Sunday school, Mission activities, and Youth Fellowship!